Thursday 25 April 2013

5th year students (A.L.) have been working on informal writings. (FCE writing skills - Exam practice)


Scarano, Ayelén / 5th “C”

WRITING: Informal email

FROM: Ayelén Scarano
TO: Adam McGuire
SUBJECT: New pen friend!

                                Dear Adam,

                                                     I’m writing to you to let you know that I’m an Argentinian friend of your cousin Mary. I’ve heard you’re looking for a pen friend, so I asked her to give me your email address. I just loved the idea of contacting you because I’m planning to visit England next summer and it would be useful for both of us to get to know each other.

                                                   Well, my name is Ayelén and I’m sixteen. I’m at secondary school but next year I’ll be studying Translation at the Catholic Argentinian University. I’m a big fan of a singer who’s called Axel. Who’s your favourite singer? I really like travelling to different countries but what I like the most is spending time with my family and friends.

                                                  I live with my parents, my sister and my dog.  My dad owns a factory and my mum is a meteorologist. My sister’s three years younger than me and even though she doesn’t look like me, we’ve got lots of things in common. My family and I live in Buenos Aires, which is the capital city of the country. Have you ever been to Buenos Aires city? You should! It’s such an interesting place to visit.

                                                It would be great to meet you sometime. I’ll let you know when I’m going to get to the UK and you should do the same if you come here sometime.
                         
                                              Looking forward to hearing from you.
                                                                                                       Take care,
                                                                                                        Ayelén


           .............................................................................................................................



Moya - Garcen
         
 Dear Andrew,

 I’ve learnt you are looking for a contact here in Argentina so I’m writing to tell you about my life and different aspects related to me, to make it easy for you to find out what kind of person I am.

I love sports, in fact now I am playing tennis at “Club Italiano”. I’m taking guitar lessons too. In my leisure time I like visiting my cousins and spending time with them. I go to Sagrado Corazon School and at the weekend I hang out with my friends, we usually go to a popular disco called “Apple”. I am a sensible and responsible person and I am always trying to solve people’s problems!

I live in Caballito with my sister, who is called Sofia, and with my older brother Nicolás. Our parents live out of the country, in Uruguay, and they visit us once a month. I’ve got a good relationship with my mother but I don´t get on well with my father, we have really different points of view in many aspects of life, so we don´t share the same ideas or opinions.

To sum up, I would like to know something about you and your lifestyle. I am looking forward to meeting you, so why don't you come to BA for a weekend? To my mind it’s an amazing idea. Think about it!
         Write soon.
                       
            Best wishes,

                               Guillermina.
                                                                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment