Friday 17 April 2015

Informail email: writing sample by Joel Alvarez. Task: Expert First CB page 12

Hello Simon, 
Thanks for your email. It’s great to hear from someone open up to meet people from our country and our culture – and even better, someone who can also help me with my English! 
 As Joan must have already told you, I live in the very center of Buenos Aires City, in Argentina. Although it’s a very crowded, noisy city, I really love it in here. In fact, I can’t imagine myself living far away from here or in the countryside. For me, it’s all about the non-stop action of the day by day pace (even if that comes with a traffic jam or a stressful day every now and then). 
 As for me, I love writing and learning new languages and cultures, but I think films are my true passion. I live with my parents and my little sister, but the truth is I can’t wait to get out of here and start living alone. I mean, I’ll always miss my parents making me dinner or asking me about my day, but I think it’s time I started doing some things by myself – I’m almost 18 already! 
 Anyway, if there’s any chance you could visit Buenos Aires someday, it would be great for you to see these things about the city I told you by yourself – it’s really worth it. And as for my English, I’m really looking forward to being taught a thing or two in your next email. 
 Well, I’d better stop writing if I don’t want to miss the new ‘House of Cards’ episode (are you into it? I heard it’s been quite a boom in the UK). I’m watching it with English subs so I keep improving my English, even when I’m not studying! 
 Hope to hear from you soon. 
 Love, 
Joel.

No comments:

Post a Comment